Thursday, February 8, 2007

I am a slave

If Microsoft never bought out Bungie. Would we all be playing Halo on a Mac?

I hate Windows. I suck at programming, but this is terrible. I mean these guys freaking write compilers, but they just can't seem to work them. I'm looking right now at a Windows Live Messanger notice stuck half way down on the screen. Why? I don't know. Why do I have to use windows live messenger? Because the computer I'm on needs to be reformatted before it will work. Why does it need reformatted? Windows sucks. Microsoft makes enough off of their flagship that they can loose Billions of dollars on their gaming. Awesome Microsoft working defensively again. The ship is sinking. About 2 years ago I would have never recommended a mac. Now when people ask me what kind of laptop to buy I say Toshiba, Acer, Asus or Apple. Why? MacOS is just as good as Windows.

There it is. MacOS is just as good as Windows. I have a Kodak camera. I have to install all sorts of programs just get my pictures off of it. My Mac friend just plugged it in and it just worked. I was getting blue screens and lock ups over a driver problem and he didn't even have to do anything. Stupid Windows. It just doesn't work.

Which is also what is my beef with Linux. It just doesn't work right. It just doesn't feel right. Its very stable. Its very adaptable and getting better every day, but it just doesn't work right. Whether its having to enter a password and adjust settings just to use my WiFi every time or trying to install a new program in Ubuntu in an RPM. There is a huge learning curve.

So am I going Mac.... nope. No games. Over price hardware. Difficult upgrades. Sorry good os. Not sold on the hardware. One button mouse? Why? Because its simpler.... ehh didn't you also come up with the uber complicated mighty mouse?

So...

If I was a nerd which I am I would use Linux on PC

If I was interested in Media which I am I would use MacOS on a Mac

If I was interested in Games which I am I would use Windows on a PC

So...

I'm a slave to Windows.

Or a multi boot system.

--Mark

No comments: