Saturday, February 17, 2007

The Mystery X Button - Theories

So Bungie finally released the button layout for Halo 3. Its pretty much a mix between H2 and Gears. But everyone knows this frees up the X button which used to be reload. So here are my theories as to what that button will do.

1. Sprint Its not that exciting, but a short sprint to get away from a frag would be helpful. Additionally it would make leveling in H3 more interesting as well as adding new tactics. Bungie says no. I say ok?

2. Duck and Roll The Elites could do a form of it since H1. Ok it was more of a duck and move over, but the idea is still there.

3. Yoshimitsu Style Suicide I'm a fan of the suicide grenade. When I'm simply not going to win this fight a well placed grenade just before I die is a beautiful thing. Why not just explode yourself and take out all of the baddies in the area with you. Not that great if you have any skill, but if you are fodder like me... its a valid tactic.

4. Bullet Time You can match this up with #3. It can be for multilayer and this can be for single.

5. Taunt Like an auto teabag button, or a Super Smash Brothers type biting of ones thumb. What else would be better than taunting me right before you kill me for the 50th time this game.

6. Positive Reinforcement Lets face it, I'm Cannon Fodder. A peon. I'm Robert Goulay to SNL. Sometimes I need to know I'm not a looser. Push X and hear something like "You are getting better" or "Those other guys just don't have a life." Yeah.

7. Grappling Hook It worked for Link, but could you imagine the possibilities? Your teammate is being ganked over there, but you can't get to them. Look! Up there. A high cliff.! Next thing you know you are swinging across the map picking off the baddies with well placed shots to the head. Its like Tarzan with a plasma rifle.

8. Dive If I notice that a sniper is scoping me up I think it would be a good time to get out of there. Why not dive behind that boulder? Hit X and survive to die another way.

9. Call in the Calvary! This could mean anything from a beacon that calls all sorts of people to you or an all out Zerg like Flood attack on any nearby baddies. This of course would be limited to me, simply because I suck.

10. Ok Fine Shield Grenade or Shield Grenade Activation I didn't want to say it, but ok here it is.

1 comment:

Justin said...

Hey, this is pretty good and I laughed a few times, fodder bits and all. This Friday there is a Halo tournament in Moberly at 1UP games. Dave Pratt and I are going to play with Donnie and Barry Richardson possibly. Clifton already is playing with someone he said, our wish and hope is to actually beat him.

I'm playing Call of Duty 3 on this lovely mid-winter break at school. 3 day rental, so I played 10pm-2am first night, then 6:30pm-2:30am last night. 3 more levels to go!