Friday, February 16, 2007

Ghost Rider (Movie)


I was privileged to see a screening of Ghost Rider last night. Starting off, I am a comic book fan, so a movie based off a comic book is a joyful thing to me (most of the time). This movie was ENTERTAINING. It did not contain the most amazing acting, plot, or awesomeness of other movies out there (sometimes). It was a fun movie that captured my interest. I admit, the minor villains were lame and really served no purpose. I thought the voice of Ghost Rider could have been better done and it times it felt campy. This is a 'popcorn' flick, through and through. If you are looking for something fun to watch, this is it. This is a predictable movie for sure. It doesn't try to be a serious, serious movie (blast, why did the critics make the movies important?) but has a cool hero and then some. I don't remember the villains name, besides the bad guys are Nephalim, and in this movie those are angels that fell from Heaven and are "waiting in the elements of earth until the end of days." I had read someone say "I thought I would enjoy seeing Nick Cage's head on fire (sarcasm)," and the graphics are definitely good looking. What's cooler than the "penance stare," making evil do-ers feel the anguish and pain of all of their victims, ever when they stare into Ghost Rider's eyes? Of course, this is setup for possible sequels and the legend of Ghost Rider....ride Johnny Blaze, ride.

1 comment:

tryDyingToLive said...

So you mean Shane got you in for a employee screening?