Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Peanut Butter Mystery

Peter Pan Peanut Butter and Great Value Peanut Butter Products Beginningwith Product Code 2111 Recalled for Possible Salmonella Contamination. So, how did it happen? DUN DUN DUNNNN!

Peanut butter gone bad! Someone must have left the peanut butter in the danger temperature zone (41F - 140F). I know that thanks to my in depth Subway food knowledge. Does Subway carry peanut butter? No. Did they used to carry peanut butter cookies? Yes. Was I working when they carried those cookies and sold them? No. Maybe it was a sick joke? "haha, I made you sick, take that little children who eat peanut butter and jelly sandwhiches."

I have a feeling ConAgra Foods is going to hurt big time on this one. I mean, besides the obvious of having illness enducing peanut butter causing horrific pain, but they make Great Value Peanut Butter also?!?! Who knew Peter Pan was the same exact product. Now everyone will totally never buy either peanut butter and Jiffy Peanut Butter profits will soar. You should really buy Jiffy stock, I'm thinking.

I returned my peanut butter to Wal-Mart and got my $2.50 back. There was a whole row of containers in the return section. One someone ate all the peanut butter and still returned it... They should have let us know back last year when this was happeneing.

2 comments:

tryDyingToLive said...

Yeah, there is a jar of that on our kitchen table with a sticky note that says something like don't eat me.

In other news Acer is giving me the stiff arm on damage caused by one of their repairs or alternatively during shipping. $600 for an LCD replacement? Hahahaha. What now you bring it down to $400. You say thats what it costs you? I say thats more than double what it costs you!

Good luck on the fragging.

Justin said...

They broke your LCD screen? WHat?!