Wednesday, February 28, 2007

I should design programs

So I mentioned a few posts down that we need a Web 3.0 browser. Well the kind people at Mozilla, that open source group that makes Firefox, are working on a way to store documents and files and programs on your local computer. Now this seems scary, but its really not. See it creates a SQL database on your computer so that the browser can access it offline. An example of this would be to load up the stored program for compose new Gmail. You type up your e-mail, just a short little note and send it off. This would save bringing up the Gmail inbox waiting for all of your e-mails to load, clicking on compose, and finally waiting for that page to load.

The are also working on Javascript 2.0. No doubt this will make is less applicable to 1997 type web pages and closer to Web 2.0 and web 3.0 applications. Firefox 3.0 sounds like it is a stepping stone to web 3.0 and Firefox 4.0. I doubt that my vision for full applications in your browser will be there, but I do welcome cleaning up Javascript.

Man I love Mozilla.

No comments: