Thursday, February 22, 2007

Call of Duty 3

I rented Call of Duty 3 the other day for Xbox 360 at this place in Moberly called 1UP Games. (Very clever, with the whole mushroom logon from Super Mario Bros.) It was a three day rental for $3 so I was happy about that. Anyways, I played it like a crazy man for those several days and I beat it on Hard difficulty after many hours.

Complaints: There are some sections of this game that take you forever to beat. It took me an hour of repeated death to beat a small section of so many levels. They make it so you pull out by the skin of your teeth on luck when you actually do pass it up. You die so many times in this game, death is a normal and acceptable part of life.

I got shot through a wall by a guy whose gun (3D model) clipped through.

The worst of all, there are parts where enemies are endless. If you sit back in cover and pick them off with your rifle, more just keep coming endlessly. If you don't advance, it's an endless stream. You never know when this is either. Sometimes also, there are parts where they do stop coming because it's part of your objective, but you don't really know. "Am I suppose to run into the open and get mowed down, or not?"

The same guns, textures, and models are taken from Call of Duty 2. The missions were cooler in that game too. This time you are saving Paris is all. You play as Canadians, Poles, Americans, and English. The ending just ends...like the previous game.

Cool Stuff: You can throw grenades back at enemies. Just pick them up and toss before explosion. Why wasn't this in Call of Duty 2? This was my most wanted feature in that game.

Multi-player is better than #2. That is to say, I played vs my wife one round and that was it.

This game looks great on the HDTV.

It can be frustrating, but I got my Moneys worth. 12 or 13 hours of play for $3? I'm sold. Way better than a movie rental.

Another WWII game? I should have been in the war. Oh wait, I would have died right away, if this game has anything to say about that.

Smoke grenades are great!

Does killing Nazis ever get old?

1 comment:

tryDyingToLive said...

As someone who DOD is one of their favorite games of all time... no, killing Nazis never gets old... and sometimes yanks too.