Tuesday, January 9, 2007

Microsoft Gaming News




Guitar Hero II is coming out for the Xbox 360 in March. I'm pretty psyched about that. Well news is out now that 10 more songs will be added to the already large list of songs on the PS2 versions. Besides these additions, there will be online score and leaderboards, additional songs to be downloaded, and other nickle and dime content. Guitar hero is one of my favorite games out there, so I'm saving my EB Games credits for this one and it's slick wireless guitar.


Microsoft also announced that the Zune will be a gaming machine by 2008. Now does this mean it will be their foray into the handheld console market? I don't know but there have been rumors of a portable gaming machine by Microsoft for a while now. I'm thinking it will be more like the new iPODS that play bejewled and tetris, but you never know. Has anyone used a Zune? Music sharing seems pretty cool. Now, if I had a use for a porable MP3 player I might look into it a bit more. I noticed that cd players are losing shelf space to digital players and all the new boomboxes and such are just speakers with docking stations for iPODS. Pretty cool, yet I only found one such device for the PSP. They are pricy at around $100 at Wal-Mart.
Oh ya, I bought a couch. Come play some Xbox 360 with me.

No comments: