Tuesday, January 9, 2007

Book of the Week

First and Second Kings (Living Word Commentary on the Old Testament, Vol 7).


Now I just got this book in the mail yesterday. I attend Bible College, so as it just so happens, I have classes based on books of the Bible. I started reading last night into the introductory matters and I'll continue digging as I have to read it all for the upcoming semester. Already a funny moment for myself, Miller (the author) goes on to list many people's theories about discrepencies between Kings and Chronicles for pages and pages, but ends listing his opinion, taking up no room at all. Religious liberals make me read so much more material then I should have to.


I also bought many books yesterday at the school book store. They are having 25% - 75% off sales so I bought some of Warren Weirsbe's small books that start with "Be..." for $5 a piece and other commentaries. A teacher recommended to me "The Call" by Os Guiness, so I purchased that too.


I am also reading Building Dynamic Faith each day with my new wife. My father-in-law bought it for me for Christimas and it's a 30 day devotional. Jerry Falwell is the author and Baptist, but we'll see how good it is.

Umm... FM transmitters for cars from PSPs suck. I bought one like this and there is plenty of static at all times. What a complete waste of money. I can't believe EBGames would even sell this piece of junk. STAY AWAY.

No comments: