Thursday, December 7, 2006

The Beginning


Welcome to Zombie-Ninja-Pirates! The Ill fated origin story.....One Friday night I got in a discussion with my friends about zombies, ninjas and pirates. We even went so far as to battle these character. "If a ninja fought a pirate in the 17th century on a pirate ship, who would win?" It got down right ridiculous, Tony the Tiger getting involved too. Some of this was inspired by glancing over a copy of Marvel Zombies at Barnes and Noble. When you get excited about this stuff or go into deep theoretical thought, you know you're a nerd. "Why not share my thoughts and reviews on what I enjoy?" Helped by a discussion on console wars (listed below), this blog was thus born.

I might as well start out this blog with websites I frequent often. Ready?

IGN Comics - Comic book news and reviews. Weekly reviews every Thursday.
Gamespot - Video game news and reviews.
Buzzgrinder - Indie / Underground music scene news.

So recently I got into a commentary back and forth with my friend Mark Lee about the new generation of consoles, you can read about that HERE in two of his posts and their comments. What do you think?

I ordered some Hardcover collections of comics. That's the way I collect them these days. I buy the trades. They were Uncanny X-Men Omnibus (a huge collection of Chris Claremont's early x-men work) and New X-Men Omnibus (Grant Morrison's entire run on New X-Men.)

I recently received the new MeWithOutYou cd in the mail, "Brother, Sister." After a few listens I'll post a review here.

STAY BUSY

No comments: